Brand New Independent Online Casinos UK (December 2023)
Don’t know the difference between independent casinos and sister sites? This is just the aim of this article, from our best experts to you! Pick the best UK online casino and start playing.
UK players looking for the top independent online casinos now have an extensive list of casinos, thanks to CasinoAlpha experts, Cosmin Brehoi and Tudor Turiceanu. With over eight years of gambling industry expertise, our experts have compiled a comprehensive review of 35 standalone casino sites to reveal the 10 best options for Brits in 2023.
Leading completely independent sites include major household names like Betfred, powered by Petfre (Gibraltar) Limited and offering over 1,300 slots. Players can also try lesser-known quality picks like Rhino Casino, run by Playbook Gaming Ltd and home to 690+ games. As part of their transparent review process, our author, Cosmin Brehoi and Chief Editor Tudor Turiceanu, provide data like the number of years each casino has been operating and the types of exclusive games available.
- Top Rated Independent Casinos (Full UK List)
- How We Test Independent Casinos
- Complete List of Best Independent UK Casino Sites 2023
- How to Find Independent Casinos
- What Is an Independent Casino?
- Why You Should Consider an Independent Online Casino Over Well-Known Brands
- Brand New Independent Casino Sites UK for 2023
- Best Bonuses Granted at Independent Casino Sites
- List of Independent Casinos UK with No Deposit Bonuses
- Top Game Providers at Standalone UK Casinos
- What Games to Look Forward to at Independent Casino Sites in the UK
- Popular Payment Methods at Independent Casinos
- Standalone Casinos in the UK vs. Sister Sites: Comparison
- What Are White Label Casinos?
- How Safe are Independent Casinos - Should you trust them?
- Pros and Cons of Standalone Casinos UK
- Why Trust our List of Best Independent Casino Sites
Top Rated Independent Casinos (Full UK List)
Only by email
Get 100 Free Spins No Deposit
How We Test Independent Casinos
- Usability: Our team reviews an independent casino’s usability by testing first-hand the efficiency of the registration and KYC processes. We check the website’s speed and user experience on multiple devices, desktop and mobile, and by downloading the apps.
- Deposit and Withdrawals: We test all the payment methods used by independent casinos by depositing and withdrawing as our users would. We verify how long it takes to quickly deposit or get your profits back.
- Slot Games: Our experts test at least 10 slot games from different software providers available at independent casinos to see how the games load and function, and the min & max bet the users get to play with.
- Live Dealer Games: We check the collection of Live Games at independent casinos and test the betting limits, waiting times & dealer interaction. We make sure every element supports you in having a real casino experience.
- Customer Support: Our team tests customer support by talking with them. We reach out to the casino through every method of contact they have, to see if they’re available to users by phone, email, live chat, and other options.
- Reputation: For independent casinos, we ensure the online casino has a solid reputation by researching the casino’s industry experience & product range. We test the services and benefits they provide to British players.
- Legitimacy and Fairness: Our experts research the licensing of independent casinos and their legitimacy in the UK. We check a casino’s certifications from independent auditors like eCOGRA, to find objective data about its RNG and payout rate.
Complete List of Best Independent UK Casino Sites 2023
|Independent Casino||Company Name||Number of slots||Years on the market||Does it have exclusive games?||Our mark|
|Betfred||Petfre (Gibraltar) Limited||1300+||19||Yes||4.7/5|
|MrQ||Lindar Media Ltd.||1000+||5||No||4.5/5|
|Rhino||Playbook Gaming Ltd||690+||23||No||4.2/5|
|Buzz Bingo||Buzz Group Limited||1000+||5||No||4.6/5|
|Unibet||Platinum Gaming Limited||1740||25||No||4.3/5|
|LeoVegas||LeoVegas Gaming PLC||500||11||No||4.6/5|
|PokerStars||Stars Interactive Limited||1100||7||Yes||4.8/5|
|Planet Sport Bet||Playbook Gaming Ltd||580||2||No||4.2/5|
|Monopoly Casino||Gamesys Operations Limited||1300||8||Yes||4.2/5|
|Virgin Games||Gamesys Operations Limited||480||19||No||4.6/5|
#1.Independent Casino – Betfred
Betfred is a household name in the UK gambling industry. If you’re a football or rugby fan, you’ve likely seen events sponsored by this betting giant. Betfred is licenced by the UK Gambling Commission and has over 1,300 slots and 90 live casino games on offer for all new customers. With over 10 payment methods, the casino also ranks high when it comes to the best payout processes.
#2. Independent Casino – MrQ
MrQ Casino has a £5 minimum deposit and withdrawal limit available to new UK customers, which makes it accessible to all budgets, especially for its casino offers. It has over 1,000 slots, including Megaways, Jackpot Slots, Cluster Pays and Slingo, which makes it a worthy slot site through and through. Its parent company, Lindar Media, was established in St. Albans in 2014.
#3. Independent Casino – Rhino
Rhino Casino is a mobile-friendly independent casino in the UK gaming scene. It is owned and operated by Playbook Gaming Ltd, which has 23 years of experience in the online gambling industry. Due to it having such high compatibility with mobile platforms, it’s quickly made its way into our list of independent casinos UK, ensuring we’ve also covered mobile users.
Rhino Casino is one of our best Android casinos, due to its high adaptability on Android devices.
#4. Independent Casino – Buzz Bingo
Buzz Bingo is owned and maintained by Buzz Group Limited, which has been a part of the online casino industry for five years. This independent casino also has over 1,000 online slots and a highly intuitive interface, which makes it especially perfect for new players. Moreover, given the casino has plenty of bingo rooms, you’ll be in for some social play with other UK punters.
#5. Independent Casino – Unibet
Unibet is an independent online casino operated by Platinum Gaming Limited. The parent company has been in the business since 1998, making it one of the best online longest-standing companies in the industry. The one-day payout makes it easy to access winnings, and the £5 minimum deposit and maximum withdrawals make this casino suitable for all-budget betting.
How to Find Independent Casinos
- Check out our entire page dedicated to independent casinos
- Read guides and reviews
- Search blogs and forums
- Look for casinos with responsible gambling tools
- Check that the casino is regulated by the UK Gambling Commission
- Find online casinos in the UK with unique games and independent slots
Independent casinos are not hard to find. All you have to do is do a bit of research beforehand to make sure the casino you’d like to join is truly independent. The best course of action is to check out our page since we give the best insights into all UK casinos.
What Is an Independent Casino?
An independent casino is one that operates on its own. They use their own software providers and games and are not part of any White Label organisation. A lot of new online gambling companies use White Label solutions to get their business up and running quickly. However, independent casinos take matters into their own hands and act autonomously.
Why You Should Consider an Independent Online Casino Over Well-Known Brands
- You get access to exclusive casino games and independent casino operators
- The experience can be more unique and personalised
- You often get better customer service
- There are usually more community-based incentives
Independent casinos are usually way more original with their overall graphics, games and providers, and usually confer a unique gaming experience, according to our lead gambling expert, Adina Minculescu.
Brand New Independent Casino Sites UK for 2023
Brand new independent casinos level up the game by starting their business with amazing welcome bonuses. CasinoAlpha specialists found three amazing new standalone casinos with great libraries and functions.
|Independent Casino||Online Since||Our rating|
Our recommendation for brand new independent casinos for slot lovers is Mad Slots. It offers over 900 titles from various providers. Their no deposit bonus offer allows you to play Big Bass Splash with 30 wagering. The website is intuitive and suitable for new UK players.
Other great picks for new standalone casinos are Bally Casino and Luck.com if you’d like to try out a fresh face on the market. You can access minimum deposit bonus offers directly from your phone because these platforms are fully adapted to mobile and tablet usage.
Best Bonuses Granted at Independent Casino Sites
|Independent Casino||Top Offer||Minimum deposit||Max. cashout||Who is it for?|
|LeoVegas Casino||Up to £100 + 50 No Wagering Spins on Big Bass Splash||£10||No limit stated||Sports fans|
|PokerStars Casino||100 No Wager Free Spins + 100% up to £200||£20||No limit stated||People who want a huge selection of slots|
|Planet Sport Bet||Wager £20 to Get 50 Free Spins on Starburst||£20||No limit stated||Mobile players|
|Monopoly Casino||Deposit and Play £10 Get 30 No Wagering Spins||£10||No limit stated||People wo prioritise fast payouts|
|Virgin Games Casino||£50 Bonus Money or 30 Free Spins on Double Bubble||£10||No limit stated||Anyone who values progressive jackpots|
Our team of casino experts only select the most reputable online casinos with the best welcome offers and first deposit bonuses. We select sites that offer fast payouts, flexible deposit limits, and the most cutting-edge gaming technology, bringing you the best casino bonuses on the market. Moreover, we often put first no deposit bonuses with low wagering or even no rollover requirement.
List of Independent Casinos UK with No Deposit Bonuses
- Luck.com: 100 No Deposit Spins on Sugar Bonanza Deluxe
- Wild West Wins: 20 Free Spins No Deposit on Cowboys Gold
- Mad Slots: 100 No Deposit Spins on Big Bass Splash
- The Phone Casino: Up To 100 No Deposit Spins
- All British Casino: 5 Free Spins No Deposit
Our list of Independent Casinos UK with No Deposit Bonuses is short, but if you want to try out more no deposit offers, check our dedicated page. This selection of completely independent casino sites offers with average wagering for Luck.com, Mad Slots and All British Casino, and no wagering at all at The Phone Casino offer.
Each casino selects a special game where you can use these spins. Thus, you’ll notice that these are some of the most popular titles on the market, such as Book of Dead or Sugar Bonanza Deluxe.
Top Game Providers at Standalone UK Casinos
|Provider Name||Year Established||Number of Games||Top Game||Game Categories|
|NetEnt||1996||200+||Starburst||Slots, table games|
|Microgaming||1994||600+||Mega Moolah||Slots, table games,|
|Playtech||1999||500+||Age of the Gods||Slots, table games, live casino|
|Evolution Gaming||2006||100+||Lightning Roulette||Live casino|
|Pragmatic Play||2007||80+||Wolf Gold||Slots, live casino|
|Yggdrasil||2013||70+||Vikings Go Berzerk||Slots|
The table above provides an overview of some of the top casino game providers that operate in the UK market and are featured at brand new independent casinos.
These new standalone casinos with no sister sites often partner with established providers like NetEnt, Microgaming and Playtech that have hundreds of games in their portfolios across slots, table games and live dealer. More recent providers like Pragmatic Play and Yggdrasil from the late 2000s also make the list, offering innovative and popular slot titles to these new UK casinos.
What Games to Look Forward to at Independent Casino Sites in the UK
|Game||Min Bet||Max Bet||Popularity||Best Features|
|Starburst||£0.10||£100||5/5||Expanding Wilds, Re-Spins|
|Mega Moolah||£0.25||£6.25||4/5||Jackpot Wheel, Free Spins|
|Age of the Gods||£0.20||£500||3/5||Linked Jackpots, Free Spins|
|Lightning Roulette||£0.10||£10,000||4/5||Electrifying Visuals, Multipliers|
|Wolf Gold||£0.20||£100||4/5||Cascading Reels, Free Spins|
|Vikings Go Berzerk||£0.20||£100||3/5||Expanding Wilds, Free Spins|
These are the most popular games from the providers we mentioned earlier. Some are popular worldwide, and some just started growing in popularity in the last year. People are drawn to games with extra features, in-game free spins and amazingly large betting intervals.
Moreover, you can easily find Mega Moolah free spins casinos or sites with Starburst spins due to their popularity. You can also find matching deposit bonus offers where you get a great wagering contribution for roulette games and try Lightning Roulette.
We recommend looking for independent casinos with a huge selection of slot categories available to UK players. Look for classic slots, video slots, jackpots, progressive Jackpots, and Megaways.
Play Exclusive Games at Independent UK Casinos
- Monopoly Casino: Paradise Mansion
- Monopoly Casino: Rising Riches
- Monopoly Casino City Spins
- Monopoly Casino Big Baller Live
- Betfred Casino: Picante Gold Blitz
- Betfred Casino: To the 9s
- Betfred Casino: King Catch
- Betfred Casino: The Nifty 50 Slot
- Betfred Casino: Book of Betfred
- Betfred Casino: Bonus Pot Roulette
Popular Payment Methods at Independent Casinos
|Payment method||Min. Deposit||Max. Deposit||Min. Withdrawal||Max. Withdrawal||Payout time|
|PayPal||£5||No limit||£5||No limit||1-3 business days|
|Apple Pay||£10||No limit||£10||No limit||2 days|
We recommend these payment methods because they have fast payouts, and are safe to use. Our team of experts look for payment methods that are mobile-friendly and easy to use, like Apple Pay, Pay-By-Phone, and Skrill.
Standalone Casinos in the UK vs. Sister Sites: Comparison
Sister sites share the same ownership and management and inherit the reputation of other casino operators. Standalone casinos are independent, so they can cater to specific players and act on their own. For example, 888 Casino and 777 Casino are sister sites, and it’s clear because they’re similar. However, Betfred is casino with no sister sites, also called independent casino, and has unique characteristics.
Let’s compare the independent casinos with sister sites for a better understanding.
|Casinos With No Sister Sites||Sister Sites Casinos|
|Exclusive game selections||Fewer unique gaming titles|
|Independent branding||Generic interfaces|
|Unique loyalty and bonus programs||Familiar bonus offers and promotions|
|They build their own reputation||Their reputations are tied to other websites and gambling companies|
|Advertising is often more creative||They don’t advertise as much|
|Independent promotions||Cross-platform promotions|
|They target smaller audiences||They appeal to broader markets|
|They aren’t bought and sold as often||They change ownership more frequently|
What Are White Label Casinos?
White-Label casinos create infrastructure for new casino sites. Instead of building everything from scratch, White Label companies give new businesses the building blocks they need to get started quickly. These providers have an already-built interface with some basic slots, which they tailor for each customer, adding their own icons and colouring.
After this process is done, the casino is good to go, launching with the pre-made interface and graphics. Some well-known companies which offer these types of casinos are White Hat Gaming and Jumpman Gaming Ltd.
We provided a list of some worthy White Label casinos, to help you understand what they are and what they look like:
How Safe are Independent Casinos – Should you trust them?
We recommend independent casinos that hold a UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) licence as being safe. These casinos must adhere to the highest standards of fairness and safety (our list of UK casinos contains all the casino sites in the UK, tested and verified by our casino experts.). Look for casinos that use SSL encryption like the ones in this article.
Aside from these, our experts have always recommended choosing casinos with plenty of responsible gaming tools, since this ensures your mental safety and proves that this casino is 100% safe and secure for all UK players.
Pros and Cons of Standalone Casinos UK
- Exclusive games
- Fast payouts
- Personalised gaming experience
- High limits
- Fewer cross-site promotions
- Limited self-exclusion options
- Some are based offshore and don’t hold a UKGC licence
Why Trust our List of Best Independent Casino Sites
We want UK players to access the highest-quality independent online casinos with the best bonuses and games. Our authors, Cosmin Brehoi and Tudor Turiceanu have over eight years of experience in the online gambling industry, which is why gamblers trust our reviews and guides globally.
We make a checklist of all processes done in order to select the best independent casinos on the UK market. We deposit, withdraw and play the majority of games the site offers, jotting down each hour spent on this task. The following casino applies for the research done for the top independent casinos in the United Kingdom:
|Our Selection Process||Data|
|Number of Independent Casinos Tested||35|
|Total Hours Spent Testing||8|
|Number of Exclusive Games Played||15|
|Number of Independent Casinos Selected||10\|